By using the website www.KeepTheBossFireTheBoss.com and other online services, such as our mobile app,
you agree that we can store and access cookies, IP addresses and use other methods in order to collect website usage data,
and improve your online experience.
This can include information about your use of the website, the browser and device type you are accessing
it from and where you are in the world (see 'How do we collect and use geo-location information?').
What are 'cookies'?
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used in order to make websites function properly, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site.
- Our cookies will remember your chosen language and country so that when you go to the website the pages are in that language and the jobs displayed are in that country.
- If you're halfway through completing an assessment or survey our cookies will allow you to browse other areas of the website and then return back to where you left off.
- If you are accessing the site from a company which has a Keep The Boss Fire The Boss extranet, a cookie will also help us recognise which company you are from, so that you are taken to the appropriate extranet.
Cookies are used for technical reasons to enable the efficient working of KeepTheBossFireTheBoss.com. For example, to:
Ease of use
- balance website traffic to ensure our customers receive a consistent and reliable service
- limit traffic to key parts of the website in order to maintain performance levels
Cookies are used to enhance the ease of use of KeepTheBossFireTheBoss.com for users. For example, to:
- remember your language and country of choice and presenting relevant content
- keep track of users account number when you have logged in
- remember your selected job preferences
Cookies are used to gather statistics on how visitors use our site. For example, to:
- gather feedback on customer satisfaction through our website survey
- gain insight into how visitors use the website so that we can make improvements to its usability
Cookies are used to enable us to present appropriate messages to you. For example, to:
- allow KeepTheBossFireTheBoss.com to serve up different versions of a page for marketing purposes
- allow third parties to display appropriate advertising and to track its effectiveness
- display messages which offer a selection of products based on what you're viewing on KeepTheBossFireTheBoss.com, which are presented to you by our agency when you visit other selected websites.
This is known as online behavioural advertising. For more information please see What is online behavioural advertising?
You can choose to opt out of this type of advertising permanently by going to http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
Please note though, that if you delete your cookies too, we'll no longer know that you've opted out, so the banners from our third-party will reappear when you visit other selected websites.
For more details on the cookies that operate on ba.com please go to More information about cookies used on KeepTheBossFireTheBoss.com.
You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser (for example Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox). Please note that if you choose not to permit cookies some areas of our website may not function properly or be accessible.
Please note though, that if you delete your cookies:
What is online behavioural advertising/ interest based advertising?
- We will no longer know that you've opted out of online behavioural advertising, so the banners from our third-party advertisers will reappear when you visit other selected websites.
- Includes environmental criteria in our supplier
selection process and gives preference to suppliers with better
environmental performance (assuming they meet our business
Online behavioural advertising (also known as interest-based advertising) is a way of serving advertisements on the websites you visit and making them more relevant to you and your interests.
Shared interests are grouped together based upon previous web browsing activity and web users are then served advertising which matches their shared interests. In this way, advertising can be made as relevant and useful as possible. Relevant ads can also be delivered based upon the website content you have just been viewing. This is known as 'retargeting'.
For more information refer to http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
How do I opt out of online behavioural advertising?
There are a number of sites which can help you opt out of online behavioural advertising from the third party advertising agencies that operate online behavioural advertising for website publishers.
These include http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Please note that opting out of online behavioural advertising using those services:For more information refer to http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
- does not mean that the advertising of Keep The Boss Fire The Boss's products and services on our own websites will stop being personalised to your interests
- may not stop all online behavioural advertising because it only applies to those third party advertising agencies that have signed up to those services
- does not mean that there will no more advertising on this website or other websites you access. However, the advertising that you do see is likely to be less relevant to your interests
In addition, deleting browser cookies can remove your opt out preferences, so you may need to opt out again.